The Finger Lakes New York is the perfect destination for fishing, boating, hiking, and outdoor activities! Unless of course, you come to New York wine country in the dead of winter, at which point your activities may change a bit. But don’t panic! The Finger Lakes are just as enjoyable and breathtaking in the winter cold as they are during the hot summer months. Between the beautiful lakes (Lake Seneca, Cayuga & Keuka), breathtaking nature seen at Watkins Glen State Park & Taughannock Falls, and wineries like Sheldrake, Fox Run and the legendary Dr. Konstantin Frank, this episode of V is for Vino has everything to make your next wine trip to New York a memorable one! More importantly, the Finger Lakes New York is home to one of the most iconic, misunderstood, and versatile grape varieties around…and, much like the midwesterner in me, it happens not to mind a little cold weather. I’m talking of course about Riesling. Learn why cool-climate wines are all the rage in the Finger Lakes on this episode of America’s #1 Wine Show, V is for Vino!
Watch ad free, buy the wine from the episode, get the recipes, and learn the locations featured:
Join the Vino VIP Club for more content; only $5 per month!
0:51 All About New York Wine Country
8:23 The Tale of Dr. Konstantin Frank
12:51 All About Riesling
15:19 Dr. Konstantin Frank Tasting
20:16 Ice Fishing
23:35 Tasting at Fox Run Vineyards
30:48 Collecting Maple Sap
33:57 Tasting at Sheldrake Point
39:55 Nerd Lab: Sugar
44:14 Graft Wine + Cider Bar
V is for Vino | America’s #1 Wine Show
Get Ready to Watch, Learn & Drink!
Watch the show FREE on:
AND on YouTube, Facebook, Roku, & Instagram!
Learn wine EASILY with V is for Vino when your personal sommelier and host, Vince, takes you on a journey to travel the world of wine and learn fun wine topics up close and personal. On each episode you’ll:
– Meet the winemaker and learn their story. The best part of drinking wine is getting to know the place where it came from and the people who made it!
– Learn about the grapes. Vince breaks down wine topics easily and makes them fun and easy to understand!
– See the region. Not everyone gets to travel wine country as much as they’d like, so experience the beauty and culture first hand with Vince! Travel the world of wine and sip along from the comfort of your couch.
– Cook dishes that pair at a local restaurant. When in wine country, one must eat food…and GOOD food for that matter. Luckily, the world of wine is full of amazing chefs and restaurants ready to serve up something delicious to pair with the wine you just learned about.
And just because an episode ends doesn’t mean the fun stops there – Next, you can:
– Buy the wines from the show and get them delivered to your door at www.visforvino.com!
– Join the Vino VIP club for wine discounts, exclusive Vino content for club members only, virtual wine tastings, fun giveaways and more!
– Download recipe cards so you can cook the dishes that you see on the show in your own kitchen!
Come to our Website, Buy Wine, Download Recipes, Join the Vino VIP Club & More!
Follow us on Instagram!
Let’s be friends on Facebook!
© 2021 V IS FOR VINO ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
By: V is for Vino Wine Show
Title: Visit the FINGER LAKES NEW YORK WINE REGION | V is for Vino – America”s #1 Wine Show (full episode)
Sourced From: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMM8Tt0Yj9g