Roasted chestnuts are a delicious nutty snack which are just perfect for the holiday season. The slightly crisp outer layer combined with a moist centre are such a fine textural treat but the question is, how do we roast them without the skin sticking to them? Check out this recipe for my tip on how to roast chestnuts and easily peel them too!
????Print the written recipe from my website https://www.vincenzosplate.com/recipe-items/how-to-roast-chestnuts/
HOW TO ROAST CHESTNUTS in an Oven at Home
1 x medium size bowl
1. Roasted chestnuts are not hard to make but require a few simple steps to get them to perfection and the first is…buy good quality chestnuts!
2. Next, using a sharp (preferably serrated) knife, make a slit down the middle of each one (not too deep) and place them into your bowl.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: Be sure to make this small cut in every single one or else it will pop in the oven (and make a real mess!)
3. Cover the chestnuts with water, leaving them in the bowl for up to 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, pre-heat your oven to 180°C/356°F and prepare a baking tray (large enough to fit your chestnuts) lining it with baking paper.
5. Once the chestnuts have been soaking for 20 minutes, strain the water from the bowl and gently pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
6. Next place the chestnuts on the tray with the slit facing up.
7. It’s now time to put the tray in the oven and leave the chestnuts to roast for 30 minutes or until the skins open and inside is tender.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
HOW TO SERVE:
Peel the chestnuts and eat them just as they are! You can also add them to salads and desserts.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
????SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
????Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
????Check out my website to get more recipes http://vincenzosplate.com/
????Join my Small Group Private Italian Tour and discover the secret gems of Italy with me. Check out the itinerary and make sure you book asap (Only 10 spots available) https://www.vincenzosplate.com/italian-tour/
????LIKE Vincenzo’s Plate ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
????FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
✔LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on my videos please. It really means a lot to me.
PASTA RECIPES: http://bit.ly/MyPastaRecipes
PIZZA RECIPES: http://bit.ly/MyPizzaRecipes
NONNA’S RECIPES: http://bit.ly/NonnaRecipes
???? #VincenzosPlate is a YouTube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own #kitchen whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).