Spaghetti carbonara recipe – original and approved by Romans! Before we start, the number one rule is simple –REAL SPAGHETTI CARBONARA RECIPE IS MADE WITH EGGS, NOT CREAM!
Combine fresh eggs, with crispy guanciale, salty pecorino cheese and pepper to create the perfect, classic Roman pasta dish, Carbonara. In this video recipe, I tested out my traditional version with some locals from Rome and they loved it! Make this classic the right way and I promise, your tastebuds will thank you.
#spaghetticarbonara #howtomakespaghetticarbonara #carbonara
????SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
????Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
????Get the recipe on my website
????Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://vincenzosplate.com/
Join my Sydney Cooking Classes: http://www.vincenzosplate.com/cooking-class-in-sydney/
Download my Mobile App https://appsto.re/au/nJ4Pgb.i
Buy Vincenzo’s Plate Apron on: http://www.vincenzosplate.com/product/vincenzos-plate-apron/
????Kg to cups converter: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kilo+g/to/cup+[US]
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI CARBONARA
Pinch rock salt
300g/10 oz Spaghetti (or Spaghettoni/Rigatoni/Paccheri)
150g/5.3 oz Guanciale
200g (2 cups) Pecorino cheese
Large pot for cooking pasta
Large fry pan
Long set of tongs
1. Spaghetti carbonara takes just a short time to make so first up, boil the water to cook your pasta in a large pot.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions when it comes to time, making sure the pasta is al dente.
3. Cut the skin off the guanciale (making sure to leave the peppery/seasoned crust), then slice it into thin strips.
4. Put the large fry pan on the stove at a low to medium heat. For the spaghetti carbonara recipe to be just right, add the guanciale into the pan, let it cook very slowly and it will create its own delicious oil.
5. Let the guanciale simmer and crisp up very gently.
6. Get your mixing bowl and add 4 eggs, then whisk them really well.
7. Next, add the pecorino cheese to make this spaghetti carbonara recipe, and lots of pepper before mixing it together really well. This will create a scrumptious cream for you to add to your pasta.
8. Once the pasta has boiled to your preferred taste, using a set of tongs, take out the pasta from the boiling water and add it straight to the pan, making sure small drops of the water mix into the pan too.
9. Turn off the cook top, so the pasta and guanciale stop cooking.
10. Next, using the ladle, get a full scoop of pasta water out of the pot and add it to the egg and cheese cream, then mix through well using a fork.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: The pasta water is the KEY to making the Spaghetti Carbonara recipe PERFECTLY! Don’t miss this step!! It will help to combine all the ingredients well and they will stick to the pasta better.
11. Now, turn the cook top back on a low heat, add some pasta water to the pan, and now, pour the cream over the top, then mix it through using your tongs – be gentle, but fast! Let it cook through but don’t let the eggs scramble or you will end up with a frittata!
12. Keep mixing the cream through until it just starts to thicken, stir is through and then serve.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Please Support My YouTube Channel via Patreon! (Help me to create more content)
????LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
????FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
????Join my Small Group Private Italian Tour and discover the secret gems of Italy with me. Check out the itinerary and make sure you book asap (Only 10 spots available) http://www.vincenzosplate.com/italy-unexplored-itinerary/
Check out these PLAYLISTS:
????COOKING WITH MY FAMILY: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbepayGhQ6bwS202IgFm8uwV
????PIZZA RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbcFaTg-8vUbJ8fAOYEWaXLL
????MAIN COURSE RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbf_mrFYE8bvpUHZ-tKPzdou
????DESSERT RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbfFsjUKcj3iEo6JmPxDIMQ6
✔LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on my videos please. It really means a lot to me.
???? #VincenzosPlate is a YouTube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own #kitchen whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#italianrecipes #italianfood #italiancuisine #bestcookingchannels #foodchannel